Friday, April 25, 2014

Focus on Health & Wellness: The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle


Today I want to share a recipe with you from the book "My Simple Healthy Life" by Tammie Nelson. This is one of the three books in the Health & Wellness section of the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. (Check out the other 75+ books and resources that are included for only $29.97.)  The book is a "minimalist approach to herbal remedies, beauty & natural cleaning." It's got a recipe for elderberry syrup that is a lifesaver in helping beat the flu. There are instructions for making mascara (!), all-natural deodorant, and lip balm. In addition to that, there is a great section on DIY natural cleaning.



I picked this recipe to share because Mother's Day is coming up and if your mom is anything like mine, she can be very difficult to shop for. I prefer to make special gifts myself and since I've recently fallen in love with Young Living Essential Oils, I really wanted something I could do with my oils. When reading Tammie's book, I came across this recipe for Nature's Perfect Skin Cream and I knew it was perfect.

Photo and recipe from the e-book "My Simple Healthy Life" by Tammie Nelson

Nature's Perfect Skin Cream
  • 2/3 Cup distilled water 
  • 1/3 Cup aloe vera gel
  • 20-40 Drops essential oils of choice (I like Lavender for this)
  • 3/4 Cup sweet almond oil 1/3 Cup coconut oil
  • 1 Ounce beeswax (about 4 Tablespoons) 
Directions:
Combine water, aloe and essential oils in a glass measuring cup. Let sit until about room temperature.
In a double boiler over low heat melt the beeswax, coconut and almond oil together. Mix well.
Pour melted mixture into blender jar. Let cool until nearly room temperature.
When oils are ready, turn on blender and slowly start to pour in the water mixture. Speed up blender and be sure it mixes well. Water and oil can sometimes be tricky, so just be sure to slowly add water mixture while blender is blending fast and it should work just fine. 

Then all you need to do is pour the cream into a pretty jar and you've got a great DIY all-natural Mother's Day gift. You'll probably even have some leftover to pamper yourself.

Grab your copy of "My Simple Healthy Life" and over 80 other ebooks, printables, e-courses and bonus gifts by purchasing the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. It's only available until Tuesday at 11:59 PM so grab it while you can!

The Ultimate Homemaking Bundle, Health & Wellness Review | Dandelion & Daffodil


2 comments:

  1. I love learning homemade skin care recipes! I'm totally going to pin this and come back to it sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out and how you like it if you are able to make it.

      Delete