Thursday, March 14, 2013

Create Kids Couture Sew-Along

Are you a member of the CKC Sew-Along Facebook Group? This is the first sew-along hosted by Create Kids Couture and the first time I've been involved in one.

What is a sew-along? Glad you asked. I like the way Sewaholic compares a sew-along to a long distance meet up. When my husband and I were courting (yes, I said "courting," but that's a story for another day), we were separated by 1500 miles. We would do things like watch movies at the same time and come together via Skype to talk about it afterwards. That's sorta what a sew-along is. We all work from the same pattern and schedule, documenting our progress along the way. In the end, we each have a completed garment, in this case the beautiful Antoinette's Double Layer Twirly Skirt.

Just look at how adorable this is!
Antoinette's Double Layer Twirly Skirt
by Create Kids Couture

While it officially kicked off last week, the first step is purchasing your fabric (or raiding your fabric stash), washing, ironing and buying the pattern. We won't actually make the first cut until tomorrow. From there, we will complete one or two steps a day for a week and by the next Friday we will have a complete skirt. Not too shabby.

The hardest part for me will be not jumping ahead. And isn't this corset top adorable too? It's a little too grown up for my 1year old but I would love to make one of these.

I will be posting each day of the sew-along and would love to see pictures of your skirts if you will be joining us.



No comments:

Post a Comment